Time moves a little slower here.
9 Pelsart Street, RED HILL ACT 2603
Have you ever longed for the slower times of yesteryear, when the kids swung from the hills hoist and played cricket in the backyard of that quarter acre block, when you enjoyed the sounds of birds in a well-established, and maintained gardens, when you worked 9 to 5 and when life was much simpler?
9 Pelsart Street gives you that opportunity to enter the time warp and experience what it was like to live in Canberra in the 1960s, but with the modern conveniences.
Located in the prestigious inner south of Canberra, this almost untouched 1960’s four-bedroom home is a must-see for all Canberrans and buyers interested in a unique home in such a central and prestigious location.
This robust four-bedroom, full brick, private home has built-in wardrobes in three of the bedrooms as well as offering great views through the large windows. Two bedrooms look out to the front garden and the other two bedrooms look into the back garden.
Ideal location for those who are interested in quick, easy and convenient access to amenities. The home is within walking distance of Canberra Grammar School, Red Hill Primary and St. Bede’s Primary School, relieving the stress of transportation to and from school. Ran out of milk and bread? How convenient, the shops are only around the corner! There is also plenty of potential for activity with the nature reserve down the street and a handful of ovals close by. Not to mention that The Federal Golf Club is only a buggy ride away!
One family has enjoyed this home for nearly 60 years and it is now offered for sale for the very first time.
• Large quarter acre block
• 1960’s double brick home in a quiet and prestigious street
• Formal lounge area at the front of the house with fireplace and French Doors opening onto a large balcony
• Formal Dining room adjacent to the kitchen
• Family room at the back of the house with windows looking out into the back garden
• Large picturesque garden
• Ducted heating and cooling throughout
• All 4 bedrooms with garden views
• Master bedroom with A/C and built-in robe
• Guest bedroom with built-in robe and ensuite
• Separate bathroom with shower and bath
• Separate toilet
• Laundry room
• Billiard room
• Large Workshop area with workbench next to the garage
• 2 Car garage
Land Size: 1095 m2
Land Value: $1,011,000
House Size: 178m2 (approx)
Garage Size: 28m2 (approx)
Land Tax : $2,713 Per Quarter (approx)
Rates: $1,622 Per Quarter (approx)